Charity Scarecrow Competition, Sale, Manchester M33
Sale and District Lions and Act4Africa present
Sale Scarecrow Safari
Create a creature or produce a person and put it on your patch for all to see!
If you live in the M33 postcode, join together this Summer with friends, family, neighbours, your school or organisation and create a spectacular scarecrow for the Scarecrow Safari.
The fun kicks off with lots of scarecrow activities at the Sale and District Lions Father’s Day Fete, Worthington Park, Sale, at 12pm on Sunday 16th June 2019.
All proceeds to charity. Sale and District Lions and Act4Africa are joining together to help local communities in Sale and Uganda.
The Scarecrow Safari is a competition with £300 worth of cash prizes to be won!
- Entry is £5 for individuals, £10 for schools/organisations and £20 for businesses. Please pay here.
- Enter your details here no later than 21st July 2019.
- Display your scarecrow at your M33 address between 1st and 25th July 2019 (judging will take place 21st-25th July).
- Post your pics and vote for your favourite on Facebook @ScarecrowSafari
- We’d love you to leave your scarecrow up for the Summer holidays so everyone can enjoy our Scarecrow Safari!
There are two categories of winners:
- Judges Winners – 1st, 2nd, 3rd – according to the panel of judges.
- People’s Choice Winners – the top 3 photos with the most likes on Facebook.
Winners will be announced by 25th July 2019.
You don’t have to make a scarecrow to join in the fun this summer! You can still go on your own Scarecrow Safari!
Why not set up a Facebook Album for your ‘Scarecrow Safari’ and enter it to win a prize for the most scarecrow selfies with different scarecrows this summer.
To enter the competition, simply share your Scarecrow Safari Facebook Album to your Facebook Timeline by 9am on 4th September.
Don’t forget, you must tag in @ScarecrowSafari and make your Facebook album and Facebook posts ‘Public’ to enter the competition!
The album of scarecrow selfies with the most different scarecrows will win £50!
Share your Scarecrow photos with #scarecrowsafari #act4africa #salelions on all your favourite social media channels.
We hope you enjoy your Scarecrow Safari!
Download the Scarecrow Safari competition terms and conditions here.
The Scarecrow Safari is organised by Sale and District Lions in partnership with registered charity Act4Africa. Proceeds will be used the support the communities of Sale, Greater Manchester through Sale Lions’ charitable work as well as those in the Mayuge District of Uganda, where Act4Africa run a community health and education centre, in memory of their late co-founder and previous Sale teacher, Kathy Smedley. Act4Africa is a registered UK charity – no. 1092074. Read more about Kathy’s Centre here.