2015-2016 at a glance
- 90p of every £1 we spent this year went directly to delivering our projects.
- Our Big Lottery funded project Gender Equality and Health in Kasese, Uganda (GEHKU) reached over 297k beneficiaries leaving a legacy to help reduce the spread and effects of HIV/AIDS.
- 251 business enterprises have been set up by women and girls as part of the UKaid funded HEAL project – developing Health, Empowerment and Livelihoods in Mayuge, Uganda.
- We successfully completed a HEAL pilot project in Malawi and are grateful to Soroptimist International Manchester for their funding to continue this vital work.
- Act4Africa has been recognised by Ugandan District Officials as “one of the best NGOs in Kasese.”
- A total of 71k people have been tested for HIV and sexually transmitted infections to date.
- 1.4 million people have received HIV/AIDS and sexual health awareness training since we began.
- We purchased the land for Kathy’s Centre, bringing us closer to delivering the dream of our late co-founder, Kathy Smedley.
Click here to see our Impact Report 2015-2016
Click here to see our Impact Report 2015