At a glance
- 90p of every £1 we spend goes directly to delivering our projects.
- Our UKaid funded HEAL project culminated in 2017 having provided Health, Empowerment, Education and Livelihoods to almost 9 thousand beneficiaries in Mayuge, South Eastern Uganda.
- Through the HEAL project, 1,553 women have gained economic independence and remain active members of HEAL Savings Groups.
- 1,203 business enterprises have been set up by women and girls as part of the HEAL project in Uganda.
- With thanks to Soroptimist International Manchester, our HEAL ‘light’ project continued in Malawi until 2017 and 75 young women have now set up enterprises.
- A total of 73,126 people have been tested for HIV and sexually transmitted infections to date.
- 1.4 million people have received HIV/AIDS and sexual health awareness training since we began.
- Early in 2017 we completed construction of Kathy’s Centre, bringing us closer to delivering the dream of our late co-founder, Kathy Smedley.
Click here to see our Impact Report 2015-2016
Click here to see our Impact Report 2015