- By entering this competition, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- To enter a scarecrow into the competition you must complete an online entry form, pay a £5 entry fee online, and submit at least one photograph of your scarecrow in accordance with Clause 10 below.
- Under 16s should have their guardians enter on their behalf.
- The competition closes 12 Midday, Friday 19th June 2020.
- During the Coronavirus ‘lockdown’, Government advice regarding leaving your home must be followed. Act4Africa accepts no liability for the consequences of anyone not following this advice.
- Tell us your “Scarecrow Story”. Take photos during the making of your scarecrow and share them on social media. This will engage people with your entry and hopefully gain you more votes.
- Scarecrows should be placed in a safe location and not on public land and should be clearly visible from the road (this may be in a window). Scarecrows should be secured so that they will not blow away/fall and in a position that will not cause a danger, injury, or annoyance to others. Act4Africa accepts no liability for any harm caused to anyone either during the making of the scarecrow or from any displayed scarecrows.
- When you have registered, made and safely displayed your scarecrow you should:
Like/Follow Scarecrow Safari Facebook page
Post pictures of your “Scarecrow Story” to your Facebook Timeline tagging in @ScarecrowSafari
Post your pictures to the @ScarecrowSafari Facebook page or send them via Facebook Messenger.
Alternatively, email your scarecrow story photos to email@example.com
- Photographs may be published on Scarecrow Safari, Act4Africa and Sale and District LionsClub websites and/or used in their social media. They may also be used for other purposes after the event. If you do not want your photograph to be used in this way, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scarecrows on show without having paid the entry fee, registered and submitted a photo, will not be eligible to win The winning scarecrow photos will be determined by the greatest number of Facebook “likes”.
Likes will be counted at 12 midday on Friday 19th June 2020. In the event of a tie for any prize, voting will be opened up again for the winning scarecrows for a bonus hour between 5pm and 6pm on Friday 19th June 2020. The photo that gets the greatest number of likes in that time will be deemed the winner and the runner up will be awarded the next prize category down.
- The following prizes will be awarded:
1st Prize £50 for the highest number Facebook likes
2nd Prize £30 for the second highest number of Facebook likes
3rd Prize £20 for the third highest number of Facebook likes
- The School with the greatest number of individual entries by pupils will be awarded £100. In the event of a tie, the money will be split equally between the winning schools.
- The official winners will be announced on Facebook by midnight on Sunday 21st June 2020. The adjudicator’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will be issued during the week commencing Monday June 22nd 2020.
- Entrants are encouraged to dispose of their scarecrows in a responsible and environmentally friendly way.